Baking is one of the art forms that help bring together all members of the family. It also allows all your senses to work unitedly. Baking is a form of meditation that helps relieve stress. When it comes to baking, cookies are an all-time favourite snack. From children to adults, everyone loves to have cookies and consider them as their go-to snack. Baking cookies does sound fun, but have you thought about making the job more interesting? One of the best ways to turn a classic shaped cookie into a decorative and tasty snack is by using cookie letter stamps. Cookie letter stamps are perfect for those who are unskilled or not that great with decorating cookies. With the help of cookie letter stamps, you can combine any name or word into dough.
How to Make Messages Using Cookies Letter Stamps
- Prepared cookie dough
- Flour (To sprinkle on the surface)
- Rolling pin (To roll out the dough)
- Cookie cutters (To cut the dough into shapes)
- Baking sheets (For baking cookies)
- Cookie stamps (The highlight of making cookies)
Step 1: Prepare your dough
- Mix a batch of cookie dough and keep it aside. Don’t worry about which one to go for. Whether you are a butter cookie fan or love vanilla flavoured cookies, anything will do! However, ensure that the cookie dough doesn’t contain any leavening agent in them. Leavening agents help cookie rise, which will not be suitable for a cookie stamp. So do double cross-checks the ingredients.
- Now, once the dough is mixed properly, put them in your refrigerator for either 30 minutes or 1 hour. Make sure that the dough is cool enough as it will make things easier for you to roll and cut them in different shapes.
Step 2: Roll The Dough and Cut Them
- While you get things started with cookies, preheat the oven as per the instructions mentioned in the cookie dough.
- Now, remove the cookie dough from the fridge and check whether it is cool enough.
- Spread two sheets of parchment paper on the surface and place the cookie dough between both.
- Using a roller pin, roll out the dough till it has a ¼-inch thickness. The key is to be consistent.
- Once rolled, gently remove the top layer of parchment paper. With the help of a cookie cutter, cut the cookie dough. Any shape will do.
Step 3: Stamp, Stamp, Stamp!
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet. Make sure you brush off any excess flour on your cookies as they won’t dissipate while baking.
- Now, start stamping! You can use any numbers, letters, or symbol of your choices and thread them onto the handle. Make sure that the letters are set in reverse order, so when you press them onto the dough, the message appears clear.
- Once arranged, gently push the stamp into the cookie. Push the stamp enough into the dough where letters appear to be prominent. Gently pull the stamp away from the cookie. Don’t pull it roughly as the message might get smudged.
Step 4: Get Baking!
Once all the cookies are stamped properly, put them into the preheated oven and bake. Later when they are done, remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool.
Step 5: Enjoy the Baking Good
And done! You can either pack them as a gift for birthdays and weddings or enjoy a bunch of these with some hot chocolate during Christmas break with family.